Friday 15 February 2008

Stéphane Blanquet


Born in 1973, Stéphane Blanquet is a french autor of underground comics which have been published by indy- editors these last 15 years.

First time I saw his dark style sketchings was in "Les Inrockuptibles" a french magazine dealing with music and many other stuff.


His work reminded me artists of the so called underground scene like Julie Doucet or Robert Crumb. I immediatly went to my bookstore and bought "La fantôme des autres"......


Beside comics, Blanquet has developed his own universe with toys, animated films & cartoons and the tragedy "sade song" a musical adaptation -for theatre- to marquis de Sade in which he created Sets & suits....

I'll recommand you to go on his website to see more oh his work on Blanquet.com.



I leave you with a kaotik breakcore track by Venetian Snares using shrilly violins...Don't be afraid fellaz..

Venetian Snares - Hajnal

No comments: