Saturday 21 February 2009

Best hip hop shows of 2008

Hey fellaz, I miss you all, my computer crashed down so I had to wait few weeks before having enough cash to buy a brand new one!
I wanted to do this post about my top 3 best hip hop shows of 2008 for a while...

The nominated are Hezkiah, La Cliqua, Supreme NTM, Bahamadia, Method Man and Redman, Talib Kweli, Leeroy, De La Soul, Zion I, Joell Ortiz, Jedi Mind Tricks, Rasco and Planet Asia, Dipset, El Da Sensei and the returners, Kaze, Jehst, Looptroop, Busta Rhymes, La Melodia, Mr Thing, Shapes of the broad Minds, Subtle/Thavius Beck, Sage Francis, Antipop Consortium, DJ Krush.

.....and the winner is
pic by Sylvain Clep

1- SAGE FRANCIS & B.DOLAN @ Epicerie Moderne - Feyzin, France
2- RASCO & PLANET ASIA better known as CALI AGENTS @ Royal Arena Festival -Biel, Switzerland
3- METHOD MAN & REDMAN @ Transbordeur - Lyon, France

Sage Francis is a great MC and showman, the track "underground for dummies" is lyrically strong in live, it appears on his last LP called "the human death dance".
Sage Francis - Underground for dummies


The mc from Non Prophets and Anticon didn't forget to play an other classic from his debut-solo career:
Sage Francis - the makeshift patriot



With a better sound and a better DJ, the Busta Rhymes show might have been in my top 3.
Best non-hip hop show: Massive Attack with guests @ Nuits de Fourviere Festival - Lyon, France

I'll be back with you soon, peace!

No comments: