Thursday 12 March 2009

Atomic - prayer

Hi folks, been busy these last two weeks...

I brought to you a killer track from a scandinavian modern jazz band called Atomic...don't miss it fellaz...
Back in 2002, I've worked for this jazz Festival in Scotland. I remember to have in my hands this promo EP from a band that became in my opinion, one of the most exciting and creative group of the modern jazz scene.


Five musicians from Norway and Sweden doing their thing and doing it really great. Influences? Probably Coltrane and Don Cherry, the Free Jazz and the Blue note grooves of the 60's. Structure and rhythm lead by super double bassist Ingebrigt Flaten, Paul Nilssen-Love on drums and Havard Wiik on piano, remains as a solid foundation for free improvisation or expression for the Stockholm Front line of trumpeter Magnus Bro and saxophonist Fredrik Ljungkvist.


The track "prayer" appears in this promo Ep and was written by Ingebrigt Flaten who's now doing his solo career. I still look forward to seeing Atomic back on the europeean scenes. Check their website here





Atomic - Prayer


No comments: