Tuesday 15 February 2011

Best Hip Hop shows of 2010

You wanna bet folks?
Nominees:

Good shows that could have won:
Das Efx, DJ Krush, Casey, Soulilaquists of Sound, Black Milk, Radix, Fisto, K the I??!!, Shadow Huntaz, Talib Kweli, DJ P.

Shows that where allright or wack:
Féfé, Razhel & JS One, State of Mind, Raph & 12me, Raashan Ahmad, DJ Fly, Mos Def, De La Soul, Raggasonic, Virus Syndicate, Beatnuts, Ben Sharpa.

And the winner is:
1- KRS One & Supernatural @ Ninkasi -Lyon, France

copyright Clémence Richier

2- La Rumeur - Original Festival @ Lyon, France
3- Wyclef Jean - Fesman @ Dakar, Senegal

Best non-hip hop show:
Black Lips & King Khan @ Nuits Sonores Festival, Lyon France

First time I saw the Teacha live and that's what we call a damn good hip hop show. The DJ did the job, the overpacked crowd was hot as if they only had smoked weed instead of ash. The Blastmaster and the super gifted freestyler Supernatural seemed to spend a good time on stage ... Can you expect better? That's the undercontested best hip hop gig of 2010!

Here a mix I've done this morning before writing this shit. This is the Hip Hop all of famer KRS, feat Das Efx, Channel Live, Scott La Rock, JS One and Rahzel, Last Emperor and Zack de la Rocha. I hope you'll enjoy, that comes from my waxes and has been released as usual with 2 MK2 and a mixer...

Ash.K - KRS One selecta


I can't help digging in my vynils to make you listen to Supernatural because he's just amazing, maybe the best freestyler I've ever seen.
An underground classic from the 90's and one the first US/french Hip Hop collab, check it out:

Supernatural - Buddah blessed it and Undaground Connexion feat Rockin Squat

No comments: