Saturday 8 March 2008

France Gall - Zoi Zoi


Great latino-funk tune from the french pop singer France Gall. This track first appeared in a compilation called "Mondo Bossa" on the italian label Premier in the early 70's. It was also released in 7' for the french market (see picture below).

N.Angelo wrote the song but on that very one this is performed by brazilian pianist Cesar Camargo Mariano.

I have to admit that I don't know this song because I'm french, I grab a copy of the 7' reissue on Jazzman few years ago. So here's from my personal 7's reissue wax collec':

France Gall -Zoi

Back tomorrow to post the mix I did on the radio sunday.
Peace....

1 comment:

Freek said...

Wow just played the Mondo compilation and this was the first song to play after awhile. Will be playing music at a French Travel Agency exhibtion and this will be a sure shot. Nice Blog